Sunday, January 31, 2010

im not flirting with you, im just nice like that

Hello good evening.

in less than two hours, it will be February again and im not excited at all bec it may sound loser-ish but ive never been on an intimate date on valentines' . ive been to a few group dates but i dont regret them cause i had fun!

anyhow.

do you recognize this facebook group?



Rings true, it think. there have been a lot of guys in my life who ruin my being friends with them based on some misguided notion that im flirting. sometimes, when i like a person or i want to get to know them better, i try to be nice to them,. invite them to activities, try to learn about their lives on a personal level. But if they are men, they tend to misinterpret and think that maybe i am being nice to them so we could date.

There was one time. I chose this guy to be my partner in a beadmaking activity. (You have to choose one from the opposite sex). He made us wear those bracelets at church together. And i was so stupid not to notice that he was actually doing something that was supposed to be romantic. i never knew his intentions until he gave me that teddy bear with a heart and red candle. i kept the candle, though.

and then there was this other guy, who i gave my attention to because he was extremely nice. i spoke with him and joked and laughed. but that was it. he was like an older kuya so i treat/humored him like one. then while i was having lunch that day, i saw him in some hidden position taking a video of me while i eat! grabe.. stalker!.. he really ticked me off. but i was trying to be so nice that i just got his camera and deleted my video which really looked disgusting. i mean who really wants to see a woman masticating food?

that night, during the dance socials, sadly, i got to dance with almost no one because he placed his chair like a bakuran beside me. i didnt enjoy. lucky for me, my sister got me out of the situation by telling me to sit at her table. she's so good at that.

there is still no good ending between these 2 guys. sometimes people think im mean when im trying to avoid converstaions wih them. in fairness to me, i think ive never done anything to consciously to mislead them. but no matter what i do im still end up being the bad guy.

what is the lesson to be learned here people?

5 comments:

Jules said...

hi flor! :) I'm not sure if a la creme has a branch in Manila. :) Haven't seen one, too :)

musta na?

Jules said...

natuwa naman ako sa post mo. :) well, mahirap talaga maghanap ngaun. daming loko lol

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I'm nice like that too...but with different outcomes.Currently I'm being nice to this guy - gauravpeters.blogspot.com

Pokagon Member said...

bohzo (hello)

I am a guy and i have the same problem only with women, i try to be really nice and friendly and often it is taken the wrong way, i just enjoy making new friends, one can never have enough.

I hope that guys realize that your kindness does not always mean more, i always know when a women tries to kiss me, that is usually the first clue.

Have a great day!
David

Unknown said...

Maybe there just guys who are makitid ang utak haha. ;D

Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunter

Blog Widget by LinkWithin